The following booking conditions, together with the essential information on our website, form the basis of your contract with the hotel of your choice where you make a booking which we accept on the hotel’s behalf. These booking conditions also cover The Sport and Travel Group Limited’s (trading as Golf Escapes) role and responsibilities in respect of your booking, you are deemed to have accepted these booking conditions in full.
In these booking conditions the following words have the following meanings: –
• “party leader” means the person who makes the booking and with whom we communicate in respect of that booking (and any substitute for them);
• “hotel” means the hotel which you have booked, they will be the supplier of the booked services;
• “hotel’s terms” means the terms and conditions of the hotel which apply to your booking which are additional to or separate from these booking conditions;
• “start date” means the date and time from which you will be able to use the hotel and their facilities;
• “we” or “us” means The Sport & Travel Group Limited trading as Golf Escapes, registered address St Andrews House, Cinder Hill, Horsted Keynes, West Sussex, RH17 7BA, UK,
(registered in England & Wales Company Number 04376255) acting in the capacity of disclosed agent for the hotel (except where otherwise specifically stated);
• “you” and “party members” means all persons on whose behalf a booking is made and who stay or are intending to stay at the property including the lead name, or any of them as the context requires.
Where you book a UK golf hotel we act solely as the disclosed agents for the hotel. We do not act in any other capacity and do not enter into any contract with you in respect of, the services provided by the hotel, which will at all times be with the hotel. The hotel’s own terms and conditions will apply in addition to these booking conditions and in the event there is any conflict between any provision of these booking conditions and the hotel’s terms and conditions, the relevant provision of the hotel’s terms will take precedence. A copy of the hotel’s terms will be made available at the time of booking or earlier on request where we have received these. As agent, our responsibilities are limited to the provision of information in respect of properties or services which may be suitable for your requirements, facilitating your booking of your chosen arrangements where requested to do so and otherwise communicating between you and the hotel in respect of your booking. The information we provide is obtained from the hotel or their representatives and is passed on in good faith.
These booking conditions also set out the basis on which we advertise hotels and accept and administer bookings. They also set out our relationship with hotels more generally and our liability for the booking service we provide.
All bookings are subject to these booking conditions (and any terms and conditions of the hotel). By asking us to make your booking with the hotel, the party leader confirms that he/she and all persons named on the booking have read, understand and agree to these booking conditions. The party leader must be at least 18 and must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due in respect of the booking.
You may make a booking by telephone or online. All bookings are provisional and are not confirmed until you receive a booking confirmation.
To confirm a booking you must pay a deposit, the amount will be confirmed at the time we receive your booking request. Please note that all major cards (with the exception of AMEX) are accepted. A 2% surcharge will be levied for any deposit or balance paid by a commercial or corporate card.
Once we have received your payment, we will confirm your booking with the hotel on their behalf by issuing a confirmation invoice. This invoice will be sent to the party leader. Please check this invoice carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
A binding contract between you and the hotel will come into existence upon despatch of your confirmation invoice detailing all elements of your booking. This contract will be subject to these booking conditions and the hotel’s terms. It is your responsibility to check this carefully as any changes subsequently made to your booking will be treated as an amendment or cancellation and maybe subject to a charge. If you make any special requests, and we do not confirm whether these can be met prior to booking, such requests will not be guaranteed. We will not be able to advise you whether such special requests have been fulfilled before you leave. You should check carefully the booking details and all documentation provided to you (including these booking conditions) and contact us immediately if you think any details we give you are inaccurate.
The balance payment must be paid not less than 2 calendar months before departure. If you do not, the hotel may treat your booking as cancelled, in which case you could be liable to pay cancellation charges up to 100% of the invoice total in accordance with the hotel’s cancellation charges. It is therefore very important to pay before the deadline.
If the balance is paid after the due date, we reserve the right to levy a late payment fee of 2%. If booking within 2 months of departure, the full cost of the arrangements must be paid at the time of booking.
We can accept a maximum of 3 balance payments for any one individual invoice. If more payments are made then an administration charge of £5.00 per extra payment will be levied.
The price of your arrangements booked through us is that shown on your confirmation invoice. The price is fully guaranteed and will not be subject to any surcharges other than any consumer levy or other new tax, duty or levy being introduced or the rate or application of any existing tax, duty or levy being increased or extended. This guarantee is subject to the conditions of payment being adhered to. Web prices can however, increase or decrease at any time.
If You Alter Your Booking:
If you wish to make any changes to your booking after it has been confirmed this must be communicated to us as soon as possible and in writing. Charges by hotels concerned for changes or cancellations are usually calculated from the date we receive your request or notification on behalf of the hotel. We will try to assist wherever possible but cannot guarantee that any such changes can be made. If we are able to comply with your requested change on behalf of the hotel an administration fee of £20 – £35 per person named on the booking form will be charged together with any increased costs from the hotel. Where changes to hotels are requested within 8 weeks of departure then cancellation charges as set out below may apply and the amended arrangements will be treated as a new booking. Cancellation charges for hotels will not generally apply for name changes where a new party member is substituted for one who is prevented from travelling. You must give at least 28 days’ notice in writing, the administration fees set out above will be charged in addition to any charges or costs levied by the hotel.
If You Cancel Your Booking:
We are authorised to accept notice of cancellation on behalf of the hotel. You, or any member of your party, may cancel your arrangements at any time providing that the cancellation is made by the party leader and is communicated to us in writing. Cancellation is subject to the hotel’s cancellation policy. The cancellation charges set out below are typical, however, hotels may set different charges generally or in relation to particular bookings. We will advise you at the time of booking of any different cancellation charges which apply to your booking. You should have travel insurance to cover against cancellation risk.
57+ days = DEPOSIT
43 – 56 days = 50%
22 – 42 days = 75%
0 – 21 days = 100%
If some members of your party are forced to cancel, cancellation charges will be levied. Remaining party members are usually required to pay any increased costs for the booking (eg under-occupancy charges on rooms).
It is a condition of our accepting your booking that you have adequate personal travel insurance. It is your responsibility to ensure any insurance policy you take out meets your particular requirements including the cost of cancellation and damage or loss to the hotel.
Changes & Cancellation by the hotel:
The hotel reserves the right to change any arrangement details, including the price, before you book in which case we will tell you before the contract takes effect.
The hotel reserves the right to cancel or make changes to your booking where necessary for reasons outside the hotel’s control. Most changes will be insignificant, such as a facility in the hotel being unavailable, in this case you will not be entitled to cancel your booking without payment of cancellation charges. In the unlikely event of a significant change or cancellation of your booking by the hotel, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event of cancellation or a significant change which you are not prepared to accept where the hotel cannot offer you an acceptable alternative (such as changing to different dates), all monies you have paid us will be refunded to you. If requested and if available we will try to offer you alternative accommodation of a similar type, price, standard and location. The hotel has no liability to you beyond the refund of the booking cost.
We have no liability for any cancellation or alteration of the booking by the hotel and accordingly no responsibility for any costs, expenses or losses you incur as a result such as, for example, the cost of any travel arrangements you have made in connection with your booking of the hotel.
The information and description (including any photographs) provided by us are intended in good faith to show the hotel as generally available at the time of booking. However, changes affecting the hotel or local area may have occurred by the time of your stay. Should local amenities or facilities vary, have been withdrawn or not be available for any reason including as a result of restrictions imposed due to COVID-19, weather conditions, insufficient demand, maintenance/repair or local circumstances, neither we nor hotel will be responsible.
Neither the hotel nor we will be responsible for any damage, loss, expenses, costs or other sum of any nature which you suffer or incur as a result of any event or circumstances which is outside the control of the hotel or us (as applicable), known as “Force Majeure”. In relation to the hotel, this means the hotel will not be liable for any failure to perform or improper performance of their contract with you which is the result of any event or circumstances which is beyond the hotel’s control. Such circumstances include, without limitation, the unexpected breakdown or failure of any equipment, machinery or facilities provided or made available to you at the hotel, or the failure, interruption or restriction of any public utility (such as electricity or water), extreme adverse weather or local conditions including flood, snow, storm, drought and exceptional temperatures (including the effect of any such conditions of the ability of any person to deliver or supply goods or provide services), strikes, industrial action, lock-out or labour disputes, natural disaster, acts of terrorism, war, riot or civil commotion, sabotage or malicious damage, fire or accidents and compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, local restrictions or bye-laws.
Please note all special requests clearly on the booking form at the time of booking. We will pass these on to the hotel(s) concerned.
(1) We act only as agent for the hotel. We do not act in any other capacity and do not enter into any contract with you in respect of the booking of the hotel, which will at all times be with the hotel. As agent our responsibilities are limited to the provision of information in respect of hotels which may be suitable for your requirements, facilitating your booking of your chosen hotel where requested to do so and otherwise communicating between you and the hotel in respect of your booking. We do not have any liability in any capacity (neither as agent for the hotel or otherwise) in respect of the performance of your contract by the hotel, the hotel itself of the services they perform, in any respect including your occupation and use of the same or for the acts and/or omissions of the hotel, their employees, agents and other third parties who provide any services in respect of or in connection with the hotel. We cannot accept any liability for any act(s) or omission(s) of the hotel or anyone representing, or employed, contracted or otherwise used by the hotel. Further, we cannot accept any liability for any shortcomings or defects with or in any hotel or services provided by them as all hotels and ancillary services are within the sole control of the hotel.
(2) Our maximum liability to you if we are found to be at fault for any reason in relation to any service we provide (as opposed to any service provided by the hotel or any third party used by them for whom we are not responsible) is limited to the commission we have earned or are due to earn in relation to the booking in question. We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury which arises as a result of our negligence or that of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
(3) The hotel may exclude or limit their liability to you in respect of any breach of contract, negligence or other fault on their part (including without limitation, in respect of the acts and /or omissions of the owner or supplier or their employees, agents and other third parties who provide any services in respect of or in connection with the property or services) which may otherwise give rise to an entitlement on your part to claim damages. Any such exclusion or limitation will usually be found in the hotel’s terms which we will make available to you at or prior to the time of booking where we receive these from the hotel. Please bear in mind that any such exclusion or limitation will be subject to the laws of the country which apply to your contract with the hotel which will usually be English law.
(4) Neither we nor the hotel can be held responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the hotel or which is beyond the hotel’s control. In the event that a source of reasonably obvious noise has been in existence prior to your arrival and we are informed of this, we will endeavour to contact you to inform you of the disturbance.
English Law and Jurisdiction
These booking conditions and all matters arising out of them are governed by English law. Where you wish to make a claim against us as agent or have any dispute with us as agent in relation to any service provided by us (see clause 14), we both agree this will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of descriptions and information. However, we are not always able to control all the components of the arrangements and it is possible that an advertised facility may be withdrawn or changed, due to weather conditions, lack of demand or for maintenance, renovations, etc. We will advise you if we become aware of a significant change.
When you book your hotel, we will ask you for your preferred Tee Times. We will then pass on your request to the hotel, who will do their best to obtain tee times as close as possible to those requested. The golf included with each hotel may be changed to other courses due to non-availability of the requested course and the difference in price will be charged or refunded by them directly. Once we have received confirmation of your times from the golf hotels, we will notify you in writing.
1. Amendments and cancellations to confirmed golf within 30 days of departure may be subject to 100% cancellation charges.
2. Once your golf times have been confirmed by the golf hotels, the right is reserved to charge an amendment fee if you decide to change them.
3. Vouchers will be issued for green fees paid. These will be dispatched with documents or provided in resort and should be presented at the golf club a minimum of 20 minutes prior to play commencing.
4. Unused vouchers will not be refunded by us. You should speak to the hotel directly.
5. Local golf taxes, golf insurance and federation fees, if applicable, are payable by you direct to the golf hotel.
6. Some hotel golf courses require a valid handicap certificate. It is your responsibility to ensure that a valid certificate is available for presentation locally if required and that your handicap meets with the requirements of the particular courses you wish to play.
7. Where you request specific start times we will endeavour to ensure that the hotel arranges these. The start times and courses may be rearranged by hotel even after they have been confirmed. Hotel golf courses reserve the right to change tee-times at their discretion without prior notification. You are therefore advised to check with the hotel in advance.
8. Many courses only permit play as 4 ball games and golfers booking in smaller parties may be teamed up where necessary. Please note that hotel golf courses will always reserve the right to make you up into 4-balls, this could result in you playing with people that are not part of your group.
9. Unless otherwise stated, golf trolleys, carts and buggies are not included in the cost.
10. We cannot be held responsible for the actual playing condition of courses, including changes caused by periodic course maintenance. We tell the hotel courses to advise us of any planned maintenance but this does not always happen. We will notify you if your round coincides with maintenance that we are aware of.
11. Neither we nor the hotel can be held responsible for any accident occurring while playing golf, or taking part in any other sporting activity. It is essential that you have travel insurance with sufficient specific golf and sports cover to include public liability while playing.
12. We cannot be held liable for non-availability of buggies at golf courses. These should be requested at the time of booking.
13. In cases where we have invoiced incorrectly, we reserve the right to correct the client’s invoice to what was quoted. This does not affect the cancellation terms and conditions.
If You Wish To Complain:
Your contract is with the hotel. In the event that you are disappointed with the hotel or other services or have any other reason to complain, we will attempt to assist you on a goodwill basis if you cannot reach an acceptable resolution with the hotel. You must first contact the hotel or their representative and give him/her the opportunity to deal with your complaint. If you are unable to make contact or your complaint is not resolved to your reasonable satisfaction, you should then contact us and we will liaise with the hotel to try to solve the problem.
Most hotels will not consider complaints or claims for compensation if they have not been notified during your stay.
If you have any complaint regarding any service we provide (as opposed to any provided by the owner or supplier), you must inform us immediately in writing and in any event within 7 days of the provision of the service in question. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not so notified.
Should you feel your complaint about our services has not been handled correctly, you have the right to use ABTA’s Arbitration Scheme https://abta.com/holiday-help-and-complaints/abtas-adr-scheme
Your booking documents and vouchers will be emailed or posted to you approximately 10 days prior to travel. Please check your documents thoroughly when you receive them.
All monies paid to us are protected by ABTA.